Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

You Haven't Been Gone a Moment From my Side

Dedication

This open notebook is a long time coming, and it is with bittersweet keystrokes that I finally breathe life into what once was a mere idea. Six months, tomorrow, marks one of the most difficult obstacles that's ever challenged my soul. March 4, 2013, is a day that will live on in my memory forever and will take part of my heart with it. I said good-bye to my cousin brother and one of the most genuine people to ever grace my life. It was a true honor to have my memory bombarded with memories of him, and he is the inspiration I look toward as I bring this personal space to life. 

Without even knowing it, Jimmy sprinkled my life with immeasurable lessons of love, authenticity, and genuineness. And, while your physical being might not be here every day, I know that you live on in my memories, in my heart, and in my thoughts--as if you've never left my side.

This space is intended to be all things life. Lessons of strength. Moments of weakness. Clear headedness and random gibberish. It'll be where I turn to vent, where I may pen my hypotheticals, and where I'll take some of you to church with my two snaps, head roll, hand on hip, full-of-attitude self that Jimmy encouraged me to "preach on" with. It'll be a place where I'll want Jimmy's daughter to turn to one day and gather the strength and determination that a woman should possess, not only because that's the way a woman was intended to live, but because that's what Daddy would've wanted for her.

I invite you to share this journey with me and encourage you to use my personal space to share your thoughts and life lessons, too.

This is my dedication to my Baby Jimmy.
[Diamond Rio: I Believe]

1 comments:

  1. So happy you decided to this. Mutual hurt, thoughts and heartbreak are the obvious of what anybody who knew Jim have in common. I have complete confidence in you thru your talent in writing, that one day..some day.. when Jaylyn reads this she will feel as she was there for every moment of Jim’s life.

    Although words cannot fully shed light on how much love and laughter Jim brought to all of our lives, I know that the kids will have a way to connect in such a way to fill their void as best as they can.

    He lives within our hearts and his spirit is in our presence. We will do our best to carry both him and Jay within us. Gone but not forgotten. Always on our minds and forever in our hearts.


    ReplyDelete